When is my light covered by the guarantee?
Our lifetime guarantee applies to all new lights bought and registered from January 2024 onwards. Follow the steps below to ensure you are registered.
1. Register the light of your lifeTo activate your guarantee, we’ll need you to register it within 90 days of buying your light. First, go on a small adventure to find your batch code. Depending on which product you’ve bought it will appear as a label on the inside of the ceiling rose, wall plate or table base.
COMPLETE THE FORM HERE
2. Need spares or repairs?Our designs are timeless, but some parts of the lights do need to be refreshed sometimes. Which is why we offer a full re-wire and test as part of the guarantee, we will give the light a clean and polish to brighten any parts that have been affected by the passage of time. Please note the gaurantee does not extend to physical damage, such as dents, scratches, etc, as these unfortunately become the personal story of the light
4. The last resort: recyclingIf your light is damaged beyond repair, we do not want to see them thrown into the ground, our designs are made with the precious materials to be easily seperated, so please take along to your recyling centr or return these to us and we will ensure they are recycled and maybe, some of the material will become a new light.
We are pleased to confirm that Fosbery Studio lighting purchased from January 2023 are guaranteed for life upon registration.
To qualify, please register your product(s) here, within 90 days of purchase.
If you do experience an issue with your purchasre, please first contact our Customer Support but clicking here. Please provide a brief description of the issue, quoting model name, the serial number/batch code, and date of purchase.
- This guarantee is granted to the initial purchaser of a new Fosbery Studio product only.
- Products used in a normal domestic environment and have been used and maintained in accordance with the user instructions. Unmodified from the purchased specification
- Eligible Products must be registered here within 90 days of the initial purchase date.
Full ‘Guaranteed for life terms’ terms and conditions apply - please see below.
Guaranteed for Life
Fosbery Studio has every confidence in our product quality and reliability and are proud to guarantee our products for a lifetime, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1 What is covered
• Product materials and workmanship only. We will cover:
1.1 Provision of parts, materials and instructions to enable self-repair of the unit by the customer.
1.2 Where option 1 is not possible or practical – the return of the product to a nominated service centre, repair and return to the customer.
1.3 Where options 1 and 2 are not possible – we will replace the unit with a suitable equivalent product.
1.4 In the event of option 3 being used then we will recycle the failed product.
• This guarantee is granted to the initial purchaser of a new Fosbery Studio product only.
• Products used in a normal domestic environment and have been used and maintained in accordance with the user instructions. Unmodified from the purchased specification only.
• Eligible Products must be registered online within 90 days of the initial purchase date.
• The purchaser may have additional rights, under local consumer law. This limited warranty does not affect such rights.
• This warranty is valid and enforceable for the UK only at this time.
2 What is not covered
• General cleaning and maintenance or the replacement of consumables as specified by Fosbery Studio including but not limited to: bulbs and power adapters.
• Products not registered within 90 days of initial purchase.
• Graded, Antiques and refurbished product.
• Products where the product serial number or build code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or made illegible
• Product that is subjected to commercial or institutional use.
• Products that are the subject of a rental agreement.
• Defects caused by use of the product for anything other than its intended use.
• Products installed on boats including house boats.
• Product that has been assembled or stored incorrectly (e.g. damp or in direct sunlight).
• Product stored or used in high humidity locations.
• Any unauthorized adjustments/modifications made to the product by a third party.
• Performance or costs of any modification or adjustments which may be necessary to adapt the product to meet any local technical or safety standards which are applicable in the country in which the product is intended to be operated.
• Any upgrading/improvement work required as a result of legislation, (Health and Safety or otherwise) or to meet current standards.
2.4 Damage/Wear and tear
• Damage caused by theft, tampering, neglect, malice, act of god, misuse, accident, fire, flood, explosion, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions.
• Accidental damage, e.g. if the product has been dropped, this type of damage is normally covered by a household contents insurance policy.
• Any deterioration of the product due to wear and tear including all plastic surfaces and all other externally exposed parts that could be scratched or damaged in normal use.
• Cosmetic damage such as trim, scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected.
• Any reasonable costs if once inspected no fault is found with the product.
• Any consequential losses financial or otherwise, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item.
3 Claims - to initiate a claim
Please email our Customer Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org (or see website for further contact details), with a brief description of the fault, quoting model number, the serial number / batch code, and date of purchase.
4 Terms and Conditions
• Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register their product and qualify for the lifetime warranty.
• The warranty period will commence from the date of registration, for the life of the initial registered purchaser.
• The warranty is non-transferable and applies to the first purchaser of the product only.
• The customer may be required to provide their original proof of purchase, such as the receipt or invoice. This may be used to validate the date of purchase in respect of any warranty claims (in most cases the product serial number or build code will be sufficient).
• The customer may be required to pay any costs of returning product to either Fosbery Studio, the retailer or dealer from whom the product was purchased. If Fosbery Studio subsequently confirms that the returned products contain defects attributable to the company, the reasonable costs of re-delivery incurred by the customer will be refunded. Fosbery Studio will pay the cost of delivering any repaired or replaced product back to the customer.
• Warranty support only applies to new products purchased either directly from Fosberystudio.co.uk, from an Authorised Dealer, retailer or Distributor, details of these can be obtained from our Customer Support Team.
• Fosbery Studio will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party who undertakes any work carried out on the product or fits parts, unless Fosbery Studio have approved such work in advance of it being carried out.
• All claims under this warranty shall be managed through Fosbery Studio or one of its subsidiaries or dealers.
• AFosbery Studio reserve the right to offer a replacement product in lieu of a repair. The replacement may be a new or repaired item. A repaired or replaced product will continue the original warranty period.
• All defective parts or products, which have been replaced by Fosbery Studio during the warranty period, shall become the property of Fosbery Studio.
• The claimant agrees to abide by any reasonable instructions from Fosbery Studio or Authorised Service Centre to access warranty service.
• The claimant agrees to provide photographic evidence if required.
• Services performed by Fosbery Studio in rectifying damage or defect caused as a result of any excluded conditions shall be subject to additional charges for labour, transportation and parts.
• Fosbery Studio shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claim(s) including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, and other relevant details of a claimant and/or the verification as to their qualifying purchase.
• Fosbery Studio shall not be liable for any interruption to this warranty whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond their control.
• Fosbery Studio reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the terms and conditions of this warranty, in whole or part without prior notice or compensation.
• These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and come under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
• Any changes to the warranty conditions will be posted to fosberystudio.co.uk and will take effect immediately.
• The decision of Fosbery Studio in respect of this warranty is final.